Blogger Widgets

Saitama, the OnePunch-Man

There he goes again... My lil' bro's on an anime craze... Crazy about OnePunch-Man! ^^

So as a surprise for his birthday, I thought to make him a tiny action figure like amigurumi of his current fave bald-headed hero. Thankfully, I was in the right mind not to ask him what he wanted otherwise I had a feeling he'd be requesting it in life-size. Seriously?! By the time I get halfway to it's body I'd already have a stubble in place of my hand. Torture much! Ow! >.<

After getting all my materials... Yarn, felt, reference and stuff, I went on to making the tiny Saitama. How adorable! ^^ But of course, I had a little help from Katie Steven's Onceler pattern.

(Click for Pattern)

SAITAMA (ONEPUNCH-MAN)
Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #20 - Dandelion (2-3 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #21 - Rose (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #1 - Snow (1-2 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #100 - Raven (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #60 - Sugar Cookie (1 skein)
Crochet Hook - 7 (4.5 mm)
Black thread
Felt cloth:
           - Black
           - White
           - Brownish gold
Fiberfill stuffing

HEAD
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (18)
Rnd 4-8: sc around (18)
Rnd 9: 1sc-dec (12)
Rnd 10: dec around (6)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Use black thread to embroider  facial details
*Cut out eyes from white felt cloth and draw in details
*With transparent nail polish, brush a little on the eyes so that the details won't get rubbed off 
*Leave it to dry then glue on the face 

EARS (2x)
Rnd 1: 3sc in mr (3)
FO, leave tail for sewing

ARMS (2x)
(Rose)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: 1sc-inc (9)
Rnd 3: sc around (9)
Rnd 4: 1sc-dec (6)
Rnd 5-6: sc around (6)
Rnd 7: BLO, sc around (6)
Rnd 8-16: sc around (6)
FO, leave tail for sewing

LEGS (2x)
(Rose)
7ch
Rnd 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, sc around (12)
Rnd 2: dec, 8sc, dec (10)
Rnd 3: sc around (10)
Rnd 4: dec, 6sc, dec (8)
Rnd 5-9: sc around (8)
Rnd 10: BLO, sc around (8)
Rnd 11-20: sc around (8)
FO, weave in ends

*After completing the two legs sl them together
*Make sure the legs are slightly angled so that it wouldn't look too straight or stiff facing front
*Continue rounds to the body

BODY
Rnd 21-22: sc around (14)
Rnd 23-24: sc around (14)
Rnd 25-29: sc around (14)
Rnd 30: 5sc-dec (12)
Rnd 31-32: sc around (12)
(Snow)
Rnd 33: dec around (6)
FO, weave in ends
*Cut out a tiny circle from the brownish gold felt and glue it on the black strip part of the body. This will be its belt buckle
*Make sure that it's front and centered 

CAPE
(Snow)
10ch
Row 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, sc across, ch1-turn (9)
Row 2-3: sc across, ch1-turn (9)
Row 4: inc, 7sc, inc, ch1-turn (11)
Row 5-7: sc across, ch1-turn (11)
Row 8: inc, 9sc, inc, ch1-turn ((13)
Row 9-12: sc across, ch1-turn (13)
Row 13: inc, 11sc, inc, ch1-turn (15)
Row 14-17: sc across, ch1-turn (15)
Row 18: inc, 13sc, inc, ch1-turn (17)
Row 19-22: sc across, ch1-turn (17)
Row 23: inc, 15sc, inc, ch1-turn (19)
Row 24-26: sc across, ch1-turn (19)
Row 27: inc, 17sc, inc (21)
*sl around the edges
FO, weave in ends
*Attach the cape around the neck
*Cut out two tiny circles from black felt and attach on each shoulder

So my original plan was to surprise my little brother and... It didn't happen. -_- Well, he sneaked up on me while working on it so what can I do? Sigh! Buzz kill! He was thrilled anyway so I guess it wasn't all that bad. Actually, it turned out quite okay since he volunteered to draw and cut-out his eyes. He said he should do it since he's the "OnePunch-Man Expert". Right...  It meant less work for me so why complain? ^^

What's really amusing was even before I could put all the finishing touches on Saitama, my little brother was already nagging me to make him it's arch-nemesis, Speed of Sound Sonic. I mean wow! Amigurumis don't just pop out of a hat like a rabbit you know! Wait... What? O.O

Well, like I could say no to a brother's request... -_- One amigurumi of Speed of Sound Sonic, coming right up! ^^ 



Copyright: Saitama is an original pattern written by Duchess Gala with adaptation from Katie Stevens' Onceler pattern. You may do whatever you want with the finished product but please do not sell or claim the pattern as your own. Also, do not post the pattern directly to your website. Just link it to this blog. ^^ 

Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

4 Comments:

  1. Looks great, you did a wonderful job! You're a sweet sister :)

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's the least I could do. I wouldn't have done the tiny Saitama without it. -^.^-

      Thanks so much for the pattern. ^^

      Delete
  2. Hey! I'm a bit confused. Why doing the legs you put

    7ch
    Rnd 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, sc around (12)

    Then talked about going in the round. Is this a typo or am I simply not understanding it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's means you finish both legs first, then you stitch it together. From there you reconnect your yarn and continue working on the body in rounds. Was that clearer? Don't worry about asking me again if you're still having difficulty. I'm always happy to help. ^^

      Delete

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template