Blogger Widgets

Kaimon

Every now and then I would do an  inventory of my crochet supplies like yarn, felts, needles and what not... Recently, I found out that I've been hoarding a lot of green yarn. As in I accumulated quite a pile and have no idea where it came from. Hmm... I guess my plus 1 rule kinda backfired. Plus 1 rule? It means I buy an additional skein of yarn for every color that I need. So If I'm making an amigurumi and I need 4 skeins of blue or whatever color, I'd buy 4 plus 1. I just seriously don't like running out of yarn. Period. ^^

So what to do with all the green yarn? Make a dinosaur of course! 


I found this perfect pattern which I downloaded before and forgot until this green yarn hoarding dilemma. It's lucky that I actually remembered 'coz otherwise I'd still be brooding over what to do with all these greens. Before Loki and the "Hiddles", I kinda disliked the color. Hehehe!

     
(Click for Pattern)

This pattern came from an old friend... Nicki Sandoval. I think you'd remember her from my past post where I used her Black Cat pattern to make Shercat and Hedgeson. I actually don't know her personally but for her to give out awesome free patterns makes her an automatic friend. Thanks Nicki!

So I have 6 to 8 different shades of green on my pile... If I make a dinosaur with one shade, chances are I'd ran out of yarn, be left with an unfinished amigurumi and still have these green yarns to glare at. Yikes! >.< Solution... Why not take all the shades and make a striped dinosaur? Genius? What else would you call it. Hahaha! ^^


KAIMON
Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #54 - Lettuce (3-4 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #55 - Forest (3-4 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #50 - Parakeet (3-4 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #57 - Caterpillar (3-4 skeins)
Crochet Hook - I9 (5.5 mm)
Black beads #16
Thread:
         - Red
         - Black
Fiberfill stuffing
I adjusted the tail a little bit since I thought it seemed a bit long and didn't exactly fit my dinosaur's kawaii facial expression. So I made him a chubbier and shorter tail. ^^ So cute! I also added some spikes to really give him that prehistoric feel. Ah love it!

TAIL

(Forest)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
(Caterpillar)
Rnd 3-4: sc aound (12)
(Lettuce)
Rnd 5: sc aound (12)
Rnd 6: 1sc-inc (18)
(Parakeet)
Rnd 7-8: sc around (18)
(Forest)
Rnd 9: 2sc-inc (24)
Rnd 10: sc around (24)
(Caterpillar)
Rnd 11: sc around (24)
Rnd 12: 3sc-inc (30)
(Lettuce)
Rnd 13-14: sc around (30)
(Parakeet)
Rnd 15: 4sc-inc (36)
Rnd 16: sc around (36)
(Forest)
Rnd 17-18: sc around (36)
FO, leave tail for sewing 

SPIKES (6x)
(Lettuce)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: 1sc-inc (9)
Rnd 3: sc around (9)
Rnd 4: 2sc-inc (12)
Rnd 5: sc around (12)
FO, leave tail for sewing 

And that's how you solve a yarn problem. Hehehe! ^^



Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template