Blogger Widgets

Strawberry Cream Puff

One of the things I'm really proud of, as in I could high-five myself for its awesomeness, is that I am in fact a full-fledged... Brony. ^^ What? I don't see anything wrong with liking a children's show about ponies, unicorns and pegasi or pegasuses or whatever. Lauren Faust's reboot of the classic cartoon My Little Ponies (MLP) is like the most epic thing ever... "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". Pure coolness. ^^
Of course I wouldn't be a real Brony if I didn't make an amigurumi of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Apple Jack. Thanks to Charmaine Eng, bless her beautiful soul, I found the perfect pony pattern on her blog... Well, actually unicorn.
(Click for Pattern)


So I decided to use Reuben, the pink fluffy unicorn as my base for creating the Mane 6. Of course, before I went on with making the MLPs, I first made a prototype. Well, you wouldn't buy a car if you hadn't taken it for a test drive wouldn't you? ^^ Same thing. Hehehe 

And thus, Strawberry Cream Puff the unicorn was born...


STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFF
Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #232 - Lemonade  (5-6 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #60  - Sugar Cookie (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #61  - Sand (3-4 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #1  - Snow (1 skein)
Crochet Hook - F5 (3.75 mm)
Black beads #16
Fiberfill stuffing
Take note that I adjusted a few rounds so the unicorn is a bit smaller than the one on the pattern.

If you're wondering how her mane came out in cute tiny curls, just untangle the yarn one by one. Well, it's a little tedious but I think you'd agree that it's worth the effort, seeing how lovely the mane turned out. Hehehe!


First my MLP prototype, next the world! I mean Mane 6. Hahaha! So excited!!!



Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template