Blogger Widgets

Stitch

I recently completed my Susan Bates Silvalume edition crochet hooks (All 14 of them) and it's all thanks to a dear friend who buys them for me whenever he flies to the U.S. So loved it! The hooks were perfect. I know people say that it's the skill and not the tools that make the perfect craft but seriously... Sometimes it actually does. Hahaha! ^^

So how do I show my appreciation for the effort? Make him his very own Stitch of course! Well, he used to live in Hawaii with his family so... Yah! Really appropriate.


Lucky me, Shannen C has the perfect pattern and she's giving it away for free on Ravelry. You really gotta love people like her. Umm-hmm! ^^

(Click for Pattern)
7732429122_286c3aa362_n

Like my TarePanda, I forgot to take pictures before handing it to my friend as a gift. Damn! Why am I slow on these things??? -_- Really frustrating. Anyway, he really liked it and said it was well made. Yey for me. Hehehe!

While making Stitch, my mom requested that I also make her one since she thought it looked so sweet and cute. She really liked how I made the ears, "They're perfect." She said. D'awww! Stop it you. Hahaha! ^^

So last mother's day I granted her wish and made her her own Stitch. Of course I changed the colors a bit so that hers wouldn't be the same with the one I gave out.


STITCH
Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #49 - Peacock (4-5 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #46 - Ocean (2-3 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #44 - Navy (2-3 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #232 - Lemonade (2-3 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #100 - Raven (1 skein)
Crochet Hook - H8 (5mm)
White felt
Fiberfill stuffing
There are a few things that I changed... One is as you can see on the list of materials, I used a slightly bigger hook. Well, I wanted a bigger Stitch. ^^ Two, you'll notice the belly patch was crocheted differently... I crocheted it in rows not rounds. The first Stitch I made had a crooked belly patch and I don't know if I followed the pattern wrong or there's really a mistake but no matter what I do, it still ends up the same... Crooked as Captain Hook's hook. So with this second one I figured if doing it in rounds make it crooked, I might as well make a separate belly patch in rows. Finally, I didn't anymore crocheted the white part of the eyes. Well, for some reason it didn't look right. So I just cut out two tiny circles on my white felt and glued the bad boys on. Hehehe! ^^

BELLY PATCH

(Ocean)
19ch 
Row 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, sc across, ch1-turn (18)
Row 2: dec, [6sc-dec] 2x, ch1-turn (15)
Row 3-5: sc around, ch1-turn (15)
Row 6: dec, 4sc, dec, 5sc, dec, ch1-turn (12)
Row 7-10: sc around, ch1-turn  (12)
Row 11: [dec-3sc] 2x, dec, ch1-turn (9)
Row 12-13: sc around (9)
FO, leave tail for sewing

My mom really loved it and kept it beside her Flower Bear which I  gave her last year on her birthday. It's nice that my mom appreciates what I do. ^^



Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template